Aveng Grinaker LTA was appointed by SANRAL to construct the 5.5 km long haul / approach road leading to the Southern end of the Msikaba Bridge site, before handing over to the bridge contractor.
With the haul road completed, Aveng Grinaker LTA sub-contracted Enviro-Lite Solutions (Pty) Ltd to rehabilitate the disturbed areas along the haul road, and other construction areas denuded of vegetation.
- Soil amelioration techniques using dolomitic lime and granular fertilizers
- Re-vegetation of batter slopes, embankments, cuttings and road verges
- Re-vegetation of access roads, stockpile areas, spoil areas and borrow pits
- Supply and Laying of biojute erosion control matting on steeper slopes
- Rehabilitation of wetland areas through the re-introduction of wetland species